In this edition of Try Before You Buy, we’re comparing two trusted makeup applicators: Beauty Blender Original and the Real Techniques Flawless Base Brush Set. Should you splurge on both or just get one and do away with the other?
Claim to Fame
- Beauty Blender Original is an all-in-one product that gives your look an airbrushed finish.
- Real Techniques Flawless Base Brush Set has super soft brushes perfect for makeup beginners. The set includes Buffing Brush, Contour Brush, Detailer Brush and Square Foundation Brush.
Image Credit: Vogue | YouTube
- Beauty Blender Original can help apply face products evenly and flawlessly. The egg-shaped part is great for foundation while the pointed tip is great for area-specific products like concealer. The only catch is that blending can take so much time!
Image Credit: Sazan Hendrix | Youtube
- Real Techniques Brush Set is easier to use because there’s a brush for every product: Buffing Brush for loose powders and blushes, Contour Brush for highlighter and contour, Detailer Brush for concealer and lippies, and Square Foundation Brush for liquid foundation. If you’re a makeup newbie, you can count on their precision. The Square Foundation Brush can still be improved though with more quality bristles.
- Best to clean both products once a week with gentle cleanser and tepid water.
Both products get 4 stars! Beauty Blender Original is a bit pricy and just takes some time to blend makeup products while Real Techniques Brush Set needs to refine the Square Foundation Brush bristles.
Thumbnail and header image credits: londonbeautyreview.com / ulta.com
Check out Beauty Blender Original and Real Techniques Flawless Base Brush Set at SM Supermalls.