One of the easiest ways to pack nutrients at the start of the day is via a smoothie bowl. The only requirements? Fresh or frozen fruit. Some nuts. Other protein sources. And a blender. That’s it, sis.
“Your body needs nutrients every morning, which you can get from fruits. These smoothie bowls are a healthier alternative when you’re craving something sweet in the morning,” says dancer and fitness instructor Majah Resuello.
Her recipe is a flavor-packed smoothie designed to set the right tone for the day.
Smoothie bowl recipe
- 2 bananas
- 1 dragon fruit
- 1 mango
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- Mixed nuts
- Chia and/or flax seeds
- Your choice of fresh fruits for toppings
- Slice pieces of banana, dragon fruit and mango the night before you plan to eat the smoothie. Make sure to chill the fruits in the freezer overnight.
- On the morning itself, cool down the fruits before blending them together.
- Pour in a bowl then add your toppings.