1. What’s the secret to your many achievements?
I don’t really muse over perceived achievements. I merely try to stay interested and committed to my goals because I invest time, heart and passion. Seeking inspiration is always fun and challenging-sometimes you are deluged with it, sometimes you’re denuded of it. We all do our best to persevere, nonetheless. Keeping my drive in high gear is how I try to roll with the punches. That, or I give myself a break.
2. How often do you go shopping?
I’m quite practical, not really a serial shopper. My shopping habits come in spurts. But I find myself hitting retail or department stores mostly during school opening, before traveling and summer time!
3. When in the mall, where do you head first?
Clothing and home stores.
4. What “mall traditions” have you passed on to your kids?
I don’t think I have any. It is my kids who have this tradition of loading my cart when I am around. Haha
5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
Fifty minutes to shower and pamper myself. Fifteen minutes to dress up. A woman feels more beautiful when she takes the extra step to take care of herself.
6. What music do you enjoy listening to when you’re getting ready/dressing up?
My wedding dinner playlist—a mix of pop, alternative, and classics.
7. How do you stay in shape?
I do Pilates three times a week. I love it because it keeps you long and lean and you discover muscles you never knew you had.
8. What would be your advice to all the working women out there?
It starts with the little things. You have to make the small things unforgettable.
Say “thank you” when complimented on. It’s the only response a confident person can make.
Dream big, make that leap and take risks—remember, risk is also rewarding.
Pursue your passions. You’ll never look back with regret if you decide with your heart and what you’re passionate about.
9. Compared to when you were doing modeling full-time, how much simpler/complicated your beauty regimen is now? Also, with how you dress and style yourself?
I have a more complete beauty regimen now given that I’m older and need to take better care of myself. I always cleanse, moisturize and protect. And I make sure I do this twice a day. In terms of how I dress and my style, nothing much has changed. I still like looking clean, pulled together and polished. And I still enjoy injecting a trend or two for fun.
10. Are you a smart shopper? Why? What has been your best purchase? (Fashion- and beauty-wise)
I now go for quality over quantity so I believe this makes me a smarter shopper.
11. What is the one beauty product you swear by? Also you look like you haven’t aged a day, what’s your beauty secret? What keeps you fit and healthy?
A consistent skin care routine helps me look and feel young. As always, I swear by Pond’s age miracle serum and day cream.
12. If you weren’t thrust into modeling and fashion, what do you think you would be doing instead?
I’d want to be Anderson Cooper.